solarman

Default Ideas for kitchen table legs?

How about some oak newel posts modified to suit your needs?

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On 15 Aug 2003 18:33:57 -0700, (UTRECHT) wrote:

My wife wants a very rustic looking kitchen table. Im using red oak
and Ive already finished the top. Im trying to figure out what kind
of legs to make. I dont have a lathe so they cant be round.
Originally I was going to make a pedestal style table but my wife says
thats too country. She just wants 4 plain legs, but I think that will
look amatuerish. The only thing I can think of is to just use heavy
legs (about 5" square) and slightly taper them. Any other ideas?

5" square legs are huge, rather bulky. Tapering the legs will make
the table appear lighter--without the taper it might look a piece of
shop furniture. Generally, the inside of the legs are tapered. With
5" legs I'm not sure if your table saw can handle it.