Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default Plastic Behind Drywall?

On Jul 9, 4:15*pm, RickH wrote:
On Jul 9, 2:52*pm, John wrote:

Im putting up drywall in my basement. Two of my walls are exterior
walls and my studs are about 6 inches from the wall. Should I put up
plastic as a moisture barrier before putting up the drywall. Im not
installing any type of insulation.
Thanks
John

I would not go that route as you can get condensation between the
below-grade wall and plastic sheet that will get moldy. *If you want
to seal up the walls properly, clean them up real good and give them 2
heavy coats of DryLoc brand waterproof paint (the latex version is
fine) (have cans well shaken as this stuff has a solid component that
settles). *Then do your framing.

I meant DryLoc'ing the concrete foundation walls before framing, (not
Dryloc'ing the drywall).