Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default Under the bathtub: Durock or just subfloor?

Dear Readers,
I'm renovating my bathroom: I removed the old cast-iron bathtub which
was sitting directly on the wood subfloor. I’m also removing the
adjacent floor tile and its 1/4” plywood base, down to the subfloor as
well. I plan to put down Durock and lay floor tile above that.
Should I also put the Durock below the new cast-iron bathtub? Other
than a minor increase in elevation of the tub, is there any reason why
I shouldn’t put Durock beneath the tub? All opinions appreicated.
Thanks.
-Theodore.