Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Drawer slide lube?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"KC" wrote in message
The drawer slides on an old dresser are wood, somewhat like tongue and
groove except on a much larger scale. A couple of the drawers started
getting hard to slide open, so I applied some Dial bath soap to the
grooves. That helped a little, but still not as free as I would like.
That got me to thinking that perhaps modern soap is not as good for
that purpose as grandpa's old soap. Modern soap is slick when wet,
but doesn't seem to be much use when dry.
Is there a better lube for wood-on-wood, one that will not absorb into
the wood or stain it?

KC

Paste Wax

Candle stub works best. White (natural shade) tapers or utility candles
usually have a blunt base about the right size, and the candle-buyer in
your house will never know where they have been.
--
aem sends...