Posted to misc.consumers.house
Alan Sung Alan Sung is offline

Default Grohe Kitchen Faucet Disappointment

"Fritz Wuehler" wrote
in message
. theremailer.net...
My 5 year old Grohe Ladylux faucet started dripping from the spout even
with the handle in the full off position. I contacted Grohe about the drip
and they mailed a new ceramic cartridge. After removing the old cartridge
and installing the new one, the drip remained the same. The only thing I
can figure is the new cartridge sent out was defective. It's not leaking
from the o-rings and everything is put together correctly.

Grohe is a quality product. With any faucet system, there's both the
cartridge and the seat that can be suspect in a drip. Sometimes all it takes
is a small nick in the seat. These small nicks can be a result of a piece of
sand or grit in the water and is not a manufacturing (or quality) defect.
Some faucet systems can have the seat replaced using a special tool. [note I
have no relationship with Grohe]

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA