Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Rope caulk?

Big_Jake wrote:
On Jul 6, 6:54 pm, "Nancy Young" wrote:

Usually, the concrete guys use products like this:

http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail.aspx?ID=10136

which is a one-part urethane caulk. It is really good stuff, and will
hold its shape when pulled out, and end up looking like a rope. You
also might need to use a caulk backer rod -

http://www.bestmaterials.com/SearchR...ategoryID=1083

This should be reasonably easy to find but the caulk is a little more
difficult to get. I buy mine from a local contractor's supply store
that specializes in tools and supplies for masonry contractors.

Oh. The fact that I don't know what backer rod is, but I saw what
looked like that at the store makes me think I don't know what
the heck I'm doing. I'd better read more about it. Thank you for
the heads up.

nancy