Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Estimating cost of future HVAC replacement

On Jun 29, 4:06*pm, " wrote:

Also, *I would like to do some planning for what to expect.

What should I look at to prepare to replace these systems. *Can
I just replace the AC unit or gas furnace, only the part that fails?
Should I do that?

Something else to consider: As I understand it, the manufacture of
R-22 freon will cease in 2010. Existing stocks may be used until 2025,
but as the stock goes down, expect prices to skyrocket. The new
systems are using R-410A and are a few hundred bucks higher. If any
part of your system fails, it only makes sense to replace the whole
system with one using the standard freon of the future.
We went thru that with the car a/c's and now it's the residential's
turn.

KC