Silvan

Default power tools -- price vs quality?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

What about the table to disc alignment? You do want a perfect 90 degrees,
and you want some adjustability.

I don't agree on this point. My 36" belt/disc sander is the only tool I
have where I really shopped around extensively to see what was what. As
far as I can tell, HF, Grizzly, Craftsman and Delta all sell exactly the
same 36" belt/disc sander. Minor variations on the plastic bits, and not
all of them come with a dust collector port, but the castings and metal
bits seemed quite identical. I bought the Delta because I caught it on
sale for less than any of the others, but I don't feel like I got a better
sander because of the Delta nameplate. They're all MIT, all
assembled/adjusted exactly the same way. The motors might be different I
guess. I didn't look at the motors.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17173 Approximate word count: 515190