Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Repairing Separated Plywood

"Searcher7" wrote in message
I am about to begin restoration on a cocktail video game cabinet to
whatever extent is possible, and was wondering if anyone here can tell
me what is the best way to repair separated plywood, or at least what
process would be recommended to retard further deterioration of the
plywood edges.

The veneered plywood I repaired was in a little better condition than what
yours appears to be, but I had a similar separation in one of the vertical
panels that I moved to accommodate an LCD TV. All I did was separate it as
much as possible while trying not to crack it any further and then used a
plastering spatula covered both sides with carpenter's glue and slathered it
in. Clamped it overnight and it was good as new in the morning. Any thin,
flat, wide bladed knife should allow you to do the same thing.