Posted to alt.home.repair
ythread ythread is offline

Default Filling between door threshold and tile floor?

"Ben" wrote in message
On Jun 23, 12:55 pm, "ythread" wrote:

How large is the space?

1/8 or 1/4"

I'd probably use grout but why did the existing grout come out? How did you
discover the space? If the grout came out because of movement of the jam
it's just going to come out again. You might need to use a harder compound
and find a way to nail the jam down. Jams move sometimes because they are
not installed properly and cause the grout to crack around them. If the jam
moves when you step on it there could be a space underneath that needs to be
filled. I'm just guessing from personal experience. Otherwise, if the jam is
secure just use grout or any compound. I like to use Household Putty (Bondo)
in difficult spots but it can come out too. Another way could be to cover
the space with a piece of threshold material.