Traves W. Coppock

Default rip fence for craftsman table saw

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:05:04 GMT, "Ted Rose"
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

OK, first things first, I'm a newbie to this wonderful hobby of woodworking,
which I am finding is just a black hole to throw money into. Anyway, on to
the question. I recently bought a craftsman 10" direct drive table saw with
a full size 27" wide cast iron top. Unfortunately the fence that came with
the saw just plain sucks and I was looking for some suggestions on a fence
system for this saw. Price will play a large part in the consideration of
this purchase due to the fact that my wife and I are expecting in less than
a month. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
Ted

First off, congrats on your soon to be larger family. my wife and i
have tried for years, and cannot make little ones,,,oh well, that's
another thread for another group.

anyhow, two things.
1. a decent aftermarket fence for your DD sears TS is going to cost
more than i would think you paid for the saw.
there is however an upside to this.
any fence you buy can be moved to a different saw about a month after
you put it on this one. trust me, you are going to want a new TS and
soon.
2. my personal recommendation is the Excalibur fence system.
it locks front and rear, takes a lot of abuse, moves effortlessly, and
stays true.

again, congrats, and good luck with your new baby,,,oh! and the new
child!
lmao

Traves