Posted to alt.home.repair
inetquestion inetquestion is offline

Default how to recharge a whirlpool refrigerator: gd5nhgxkq01

On Jun 11, 3:44 am, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote:
"inetquestion" wrote in message

Does anyone know how to recharge whirlpool gd5nhgxkq01 refrigerator?
or have a service manual?

What type freon do these units take...r134a, r12, r22, etc?

Don't waste your time or money. I did a couple of times. When they start
having this problem, they are just a money pit, and it's cheaper to get a
new one. Or used ones can be had very reasonable.

Just my experience, yours may vary. If you DO decide to try to save this
appliance, please keep us posted on how it works out in the long run.

Steve

A repairman came out this morning and diagnosed the problem as a
starter relay. Before I could come down and speak with him my wife
had hurried the guy out the door thinking all was well. I suppose it
would have been if the fridge were actually working. I think he
should have left me some ky jelly laying around since he charged me
$270 to replace a $40 part. I know a guy has to make a living, but
that seems high to me for less than 15 minutes on the site. After 30
minutes I touched the line going to the coils and they were as warm...