Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default Wood filler for window sill

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:16:58 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

snip
c) THEN fill with an epoxy resin filler rather than polyester (resins
are normally 50:50 or thereabouts and polyester just has a smidgin of
hardener, like a paste (peroxide?)
I prefer and use a pretty expensive one specially formulated for
wooden windows called "windowcare" - it has a primer resin and two
part filler. It is quite superb and has good planing and other
properties once set

I've used this stuff with great success on a partially rotted frame -
though I also used a product that claimed to be a 'wood hardener'
first....I suspect it was some sort of acrylic dissolved in acetone.
Worked really well - when the frame finally gave up the ghost the
treated bit was still viable.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk