Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian & Hilda Dedic Ian & Hilda Dedic is offline

Default increasing hot water pressure to kitchen taps

Hi guys,
I have a gravity fed hot water system from a normal hot tank ch in the
upstairs bedroom (a long way away from the kitchen tap)
and the hot water takes ages to run, what's more is there is not enough
pressure to let the new spray tap work properly. Cold water is not a
problem.

can I fit a small pump to increase the hot water pressure?

If so where should I put it? I have two sinks one in the utility room
(ie the old kitchen) and one in my lovely new kitchen in the extension.

The hot water stop valve turns all hot water to taps off, so if I put it
near there it would increase the pressure all round.

Are there any items I should be wary of with the increase in pressure
ie hot feed to washing machine, hot tank bulging? CH hot water system
becoming upset?

what pump could I actually use?

thoughts and advice please,

(or could I get a spray tap which works better with low pressure hot water?)

thanks in advance
dedics