Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Extra Long Plywod

"The Medway Handyman" wrote:

Bruce wrote:
"Arthur2" wrote:

Is plywood available in lengths greater than 3050cm?
and if so, where?

Plywood is made in larger sizes but is cut down for shipment, mostly
to 2440 x 1220mm (8ft x 4ft) with, exceptionally 3050 x 1525mm
available. To get sizes bigger than this you would need to buy
directly from manufacturers who are mostly in either Finland or
Canada.

I've never seen bigger than 8 x 4. Where do the bigger sheets go?

I have used them in formwork for large concrete pours. I've only used
10 x 4 (3050 x 1220) because the 10 x 5 (3050 x 1525) were too large
to handle. Some years ago I was quoted prices for a much larger sheet
but it would have had to be cut specially in Canada and delivery time
was an issue.

There are several UK suppliers of larger than 8 x 4 sheets. I can
give you some contacts if you need them.