Bob Bowles

Default Painting or otherwise finishing cabinet doors in some form of white (also distressing doors)

Deciding what finish to use should include repair of dings as you
mentioned. Exotic multistepped finish that gets dinged is an
experience. Wife distressed a sideboard then I topcoated with WB
Varathane for durability. www.spaltedboard.com then FORUMS the
BRAGGINGBOARD then scroll down to SIDEBOARD.

On 3 Aug 2003 05:47:19 -0700, (David Jensen) wrote:

As a related question, what is the best way to achieve the distressed
look that they often put on cabinets to make them appear old. From
what I see, it looks like the distressing process can either be done
before or after the finish is applied.