Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Craftsman lawn mower scalps lawn- need advice

Tom G wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...

I'm guess the most likely is the shaft is bent...

On a lot of brands, you can just press out the shaft and replace that but on
my Craftsman, I found that the pulley is welded to the shaft so Sears gets
to sell you a complete mandrel assembly...in my case it was about $70.

That'd be a bummer...have had nothing but Deere for nearly 20 years now,
so don't run into those type of corner-cutting issues.

Another thought for OP -- check that the blade flange is square to the
shaft--if it is a press fit or similar it might be cockeyed or bent so
blade is cocked wrt to shaft centerline.