Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Petrol strimmer / brush cutter recommendations

On Sun, 25 May 2008 18:35:49 +0100, Hugh Jampton wrote:

I think I might buy one of those - not sure yet. This is not a
recommendation as I don't know how good these products are - still
investigating :-)

FWIW (not a lot) I've had a Ryobi strimmer only for several years and it's
OK. Started without too much fuss on the old petrol after being stored
over winter. "Stored" meaning it was just cleaned as normal and put back
in the garage after the last use, probably in October may have been
earlier.

It only has a dual line head and that is it's second. On the orginal the
cup that covers the spool failed around the middle near were the shaft
joins.

--
Cheers
Dave.