Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207[_2_] BobK207[_2_] is offline

Default How do you clean your wet/dry vacuum cleaner filter?

On May 16, 11:32*am, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On May 16, 11:35 am, AZ Nomad wrote:

On Fri, 16 May 2008 00:54:34 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I've been using a soft plastic brush to clear out the big stuff then
using my household vacuum to clear out the fine particles. Anyone have
a different technique?

If it's paper, replace it.
If not, wash it, running water through it in the direction opposite to the
normal air flow.

If it's paper, replace it.

Why?

Agree with the question. The paper filters for my Rigid shop vac cost
about $15. Too rich for my blood to just toss them away the first time
they get dirty. (Or the second, third, fourth, etc. for that matter.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

I have a few of HEPA filters, too expensive to toss.

I hit them against the inside of our trash bin & then water wash in
the laundry sink with water from the washing machine.

Let dry for a couple days (that's why I have more than one).

This has worked (so far) for dozens of cycles & filters appear to work
as good as new.

cheers
Bob