Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default How do you clean your wet/dry vacuum cleaner filter?

HerHusband wrote:
I've been using a soft plastic brush to clear out the big stuff then
using my household vacuum to clear out the fine particles. Anyone have
a different technique?

First, buy a fresh new filter. Then pick up some "fine filter bags" to
install inside your shop vac. You will rarely, if ever, need to clean the
filter, and the bags make it much easier to dump the debris when the vac is
full.

Before I started using the filter bags, my shop vac filter would clog up
frequently with sawdust and other fine dust. I would take it outside and
beat off as much as I could, but it just clogged up again the next time I
used it (putting additional strain on the vac motor).

Anthony

Is this the sort of thing you refer to?

http://tinyurl.com/48pgjw

It looks like it fits over the pleated paper filter with maybe an
elastic top opening.

If so, I'm going to pick some up, thanks.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)