Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus18547 Ignoramus18547 is offline

Default Soft vise jaws -- aluminum vs. brass

Are there any serious disadvantages of "soft jaws" made of Aluminum?

The reason for my question is that I have a Wilton tradesman 1765
vise (6.5" jaw width), and I have aluminum angle already. Brass jaws
cost $85 and I thought that I coudl just fabricate something from the
angle.

Any experiences with aluminum jaws?
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/