Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Poulan pro 44cc 20" chain saw - chain oil not feeding

willshak wrote:

Under Bar Maintenance, the
manual says 'Clean the oil holes after each 5 hours of operation', but
doesn't say where the oil holes are, or how to clean them if you could
find them.

On an old Norelco saw I had from years ago, the chain lube went from the saw
body into the bar near the drive sprocket, then existed through holes in the
chain track on the bar. Don't know if Poulan uses a similar setup though.

Used a piece of stiff wire to clean the holes. Used to test the oiler by gunning
the saw near some clean wood or newspaper. If I saw oil spray, I knew it was
working.