Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Poulan pro 44cc 20" chain saw - chain oil not feeding

willshak wrote:
I have a Poulan Pro 2900 46cc 20" chain saw. All of a sudden, the bar
oil is not oiling the bar and chain. I took the cover off the bar and
chain adjustment compartment, took the bar and chain off, cleaned the
whole compartment out, and looked all over for a clogged feed line or
something, and couldn't find where the bar oil was supposed to come out
to lubricate the chain. I think the oil may come out onto the drive gear
under the centrifugal clutch.
The saw is full of regular bar oil. Unfortunately, I can't find the
manual either. Any ideas, or a web location where I can find out what's
wrong?

Oil pump failed in my Poulan Wild Thing and was repaired under warranty.
Plastic gears stripped or something like that. I think it is a common
failure. Wild Thing is not a professional model but others may not be
all that different. Authorized dealer was out in the boonies and I
should have just tried to take back to HD where I bought it.