Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Paulsen Mike Paulsen is offline

Default Poulan pro 44cc 20" chain saw - chain oil not feeding

willshak wrote:
I have a Poulan Pro 2900 46cc 20" chain saw. All of a sudden, the bar
oil is not oiling the bar and chain. I took the cover off the bar and
chain adjustment compartment, took the bar and chain off, cleaned the
whole compartment out, and looked all over for a clogged feed line or
something, and couldn't find where the bar oil was supposed to come out
to lubricate the chain. I think the oil may come out onto the drive gear
under the centrifugal clutch.

Check the oil holes on the bar itself. That's what I have to clean most
often on my (non-poulan) saw.

The saw is full of regular bar oil. Unfortunately, I can't find the
manual either. Any ideas, or a web location where I can find out what's
wrong?

I'd be surprised if the manual isn't available at www.poulan.com