Posted to alt.home.repair
jay jay is offline

Default Install Roof Turbine w/o Cutting New Hole

I have wanted to install a roof turbine to vent the attic of my house
for many years but kept deciding against it due to the possibility of
water leaks. Could I instead place a roof turbine on top of an
existing vent and cut a hole in the corresponding vent in the attic?
There is a kitchen vent (with squarish metal cover) and a toilet vent
(3" or 4" PVC pipe, open top). Also my roof has a 45 degree pitch.
Would I be able to use Lowe's roof turbine which has dual (upper and
lower) bearings or would I be limited to HomeDepot's which only has
upper bearings in order to clear the existing protrusion from roof? Thx