Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Decorative painting

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:21:59 -0500, Ray K
wrote:

Ray K wrote:
I plan to use the sponge-on technique, with one or two coats over the
latex base coat. Almost everything I've read talks about using glazes
over the base coat, with glaze meaning a transparent "paint" that I
would tint to which ever color I choose, using separately bought
coloring agents.

Rather than going to this trouble and expense, why can't I simply have
a paint dealer tint a latex paint of the same sheen to the color I
want, selected from one of those ubiquitous color cards that all paint
stores display?

Thanks,

Ray

Thanks, everyone.

This is the only site of the dozen or so I've visited that actually
recommended latex second and third coats rather than glazes for sponging on.
http://www.artsparx.com/sponging.html

Sponging with colors; is not the same as faux panting with glaze. You
will do fine.

With a sponge and a dab of paint you can make the job look any way you
want. Hard to mess it up