Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Question- Wood bees and firewood

cshenk wrote:

Ok, how do others handle this?

I have about 1 cord in my backyard. It's the season to have a bee problem
and they like that area. Since I fully plan to burn this wood in the
fireplace next winter, I cant just spray it with pesticides. I do not have
a shed.

I was thinking to spray a plastic tarp, then put this over the wood.

Where I have seen carpenter bees, they weren't numerous. If you can
find their tunnels, just dust the tunnel
at night when they are dormant. Or spray the ones you see. AFAIK, they
are pests.