Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Battery back up sump pump question

On Apr 27, 4:10*pm, " wrote:
if the home is higher than the street run a underground line to
daylight.

Yes my house is higher than the surrounding area --- but my basement,
where the sump pump is, sits in a big hole.

gravity is highly reliable and it will end your flood concerns

Gravity is highly reliable to bring ground water into my basment and
cause a flood.

amazing how many people have sump pumps and homes sit above
grade......

My next house will not have a basement, nor will it need to have a
sump pump because it will sit above grade.

easy fix no more batteries needed

Yea right!

or if elevation is marginal you can run a sump overfill spill line to
somewhere convenient

There's nothing lower around here except my neighbors basement. Not
very convenient.

Thanks for a good laugh though! :-)

Steve