Posted to alt.home.repair
grodenhiATgmailDOTcom grodenhiATgmailDOTcom is offline

Default replacing bathroom fan

I have a dumb question.... We have a 40 sqft. bathroom (full bath).
The exhaust fan can not keep up. It's been getting worse and worse
since we moved in a few years ago. We've tried cleaning it out a few
times but that does little good. We didn't put it in, but from the
looks of it, it's one of those super cheap Broan fans
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...71&lpage=none).
It's rated to fit our size bathroom but does not cut it. What I'd
like to do is replace it with a new better quality one. My question
is...... Is there a way to do this without getting into the attic?
If I buy a better model Broan (same size unit) can I simply put it in
the existing box in the ceiling? Ideally I want to disconnect and
pull down the old one and reconnect a new one in it's spot. Thanks!!