Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Battery back up sump pump question

On Apr 27, 12:09*pm, ransley wrote:
On Apr 27, 11:52*am, "Rich" madeyoulook@localhost wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message

Hello, *I have a Wayne battery back up sump pump model ESP15 and it
eats up a brand new deep cycle marine battery about every 1 - 2 years
whether it gets used or not. *I think it is because the AC charger is
always plugged in and over time will "cook" the battery to death. *Has
anyone else had this experience with this pump? *What type of battery
is best to use in this location? *Would one of the new "dry" cell
batteries work better? *Would it be better to charge the battery to
full condition and then unplug the charger and check for charge
condition every week or so and charge as needed? *Thanks for any
suggestions!
Steve

If you are on city water look into a pump from Zoellar sp it runs off of
city water and pumps one gallon for every gallon it uses from the city. No
moving parts and just sits there waiting to be used. Saved my butt two
times. It's basicly a foot valve from a water system with reverse sensing
(turns on when water is high enough to float it's weighted float).

Rich

Zoeller and basepump make water powered pumps, if he has city water,
they outpump battery pumps.- Hide quoted text -

I just looked up Zoeller pumps and they have a battery back up pump
with a Quoted "Unlike a car or marine battery, the battery supplied as
part of the UltraSump backup sump pump system is specially engineered
to withstand long periods of remaining unused. So if you're
considering an alternate system, be sure that the battery connected to
your sump pump system is not simply a car or marine battery." Could
this battery be the "dry cell" type???

Thanks again!
Steve