Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outdoor Weatherproof Receptacles - Curiosity

On Sat 26 Apr 2008 09:42:15p, Tony Hwang told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 26 Apr 2008 07:06:58p, Edwin Pawlowski told us...

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message

I know someone around here who has 2 exterior receptacles wired to
interior ones, with the GFCI in the interior location. This makes it
easy to control holiday lights without having to go out in bad
weather.

Never thought of doing that. The outlet I put in the front of my house

is

controlled by an indoor switch for that reason.

Several houses ago, we had a house where recessed exterior cans were
installed under all the eaves, all controlled by one switch. We didn't
really use them often unless we were expecting company after dark, but
they fixtures did come in handy during the holidays. We used screw-in
plug adapters to power all of the house holiday lighting. One flip an
everything was on or off.

Hi,
After having 6 houses custom built not counting cottage still not 100%
LOL! Now time has run out to try again. On wrong side of 60 now and
don't feel like doing it again.

I'm on th wrong side of 60, too, Tony. At 63, I doubt seriously we'll be
doing another house. Heck, we've just been in this one 16 months. I doubt
there's ever been a house built where some great idea or feature wasn't
forgotten. On the whole, though, we're pretty happy with this one.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 04(IV)/26(XXVI)/08(MMVIII)