Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Need Advice for Quiet 14,000BTU Window Air Conditioner

If you have the room (and two free windows), you might want to replace it
with two smaller units. One mild days, one of the units will likely hardly
operate at all yet you will have full output on demand.

Obviously you want to split the load to two separate circuits.

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi. REquesting recommendations - I need to replace a 14,000 BTU air
conditioner. I'd like one that is energy star compliant and quiet. The
one I'm replacing, an old Kenmore, is very noisy. I checked Consumers
Union's rating but they didn't rate any unit above 12,000BTUs.

Thanks,

Tom