Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Tom[_12_] Tom[_12_] is offline

Default Need Advice for Quiet 14,000BTU Window Air Conditioner

"big_dgreen" wrote in message
om...
big_dgreen had written this in response to
http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/...ner-31781-.htm
:
LG, makes a decent window-ac that's fairly quiet and fair priced. As
always though I recommend looking to central ac if you live in and own
your home. If not your doing the right thing by shopping around as it's
easy to buy something cheap but inefficient and not trustworthy. These
days the market is flooded with cheap production window units, which is
why most companies won't service them anymore. cheaper to buy then to fix.
Any brand you decide to go with though, do a little research on it. Most
reputable brands will have a wealth of information on the subject.

Alternatively you can go with what is called a Mini-split. It's a high
efficiency hvac unit that doesn't require any duct work in the home, and
will free up your window space which will reduce your electric bill and
give you your window back.

Also you will be more likely to get one with heating options. Most mini
splits come in a heat pump that will cool and heat efficiently. Some with
very high seer rating, some even higher than 18. They are fairly expensive
to buy initially but you might be happier and save money in the long run.

They are typically quieter and more attractive to the eyes. One that I've
really been wanting to see installed for some time now is one that is
actually also made by LG it's called LGart I believe. It's an air
conditioner that actually looks like a picture frame. You can put any
picture you want in it, and it sticked out of the wall a little farther
than a picture but it actually has a fan that blows cold air from behind
the frame. Cooling or heating, the room you put it in.

If you had the extra money to spend, I'd definately recommend a mini
split.

Tom wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

Yes, much different and usually one outlet per box.

Yes, it's definitely 110v.

alt.hvac,alt.home.repair - messages and counting!