Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Need Advice for Quiet 14,000BTU Window Air Conditioner

On Apr 24, 7:08*am, "Tom" wrote:
Hi. REquesting recommendations - I need to replace a 14,000 BTU air
conditioner. *I'd like one that is energy star compliant and quiet. *The one
I'm replacing, an old Kenmore, is very noisy. *I checked Consumers Union's
rating but they didn't rate any unit above 12,000BTUs.

Thanks,

Tom

Is this a window or through the wall unit? Also is this a 110V or
220V?
maybe you could not find ratings above the 12,000 BTU range because
usually anything above that is 220V, although there are a few
14,000BTU out there that are 110V.