Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkerna@gmail.com is offline

Default Flat roofs, glue or mechanically fasten?

Well, I'm fairly certain the current roof is rubber (black, stretchy,
kinda smells on a hot day, and marks up my bare hands). And what I'm
considering is WeatherBond (EPDM), which is also rubber. I'm not sure
I have much heating loss throug the roof, as the roof joists contain
fiberglass batts.

I am considering the white EPDM, though, since that black just soaks
up the heat in summer.

On Apr 23, 7:35*pm, ransley wrote:
Look into a rubber roof it is melted in place, or if your flat roof is
in a high heating area like Zone 6 or less , consider FOAM roofing of
up to 7 inches, I am considering it. Many flat roof construction has
no insulation in my area, heat loss is maybe 40% up and out an
uninsulated roof *for me thats $6000+ a year. Think about cutting your
bill 20-30%- Hide quoted text -