Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Better Junction Boxes

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Yes, that sort of thing.

Sure it would be a little more expensive, but I think it's necessary.
It can't be that much more expensive. I buy nice residential outlets
for $1.25 and those can essentially be used as junctions. In fact,
that's what I will probably do. Instead of a junction box, I'll put an
electrical box there with three outlets. I will use the home run wire
to power each outlet and use the remaining connections on the outlets
for the effective connections. Is this a bad idea for some reason.

It is permissible to do it that way as long as there is no multiwire circuit
involved. In that case the neutral would have to be spliced. Use good
quality receptacles as your loads from whatever is coming off of that
junction box will be passing through the outlets instead of the splices.