Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Better Junction Boxes

Aaron Fude wrote:
Yes, that sort of thing.

Sure it would be a little more expensive, but I think it's necessary.
It can't be that much more expensive. I buy nice residential outlets
for $1.25 and those can essentially be used as junctions. In fact,
that's what I will probably do. Instead of a junction box, I'll put an
electrical box there with three outlets. I will use the home run wire
to power each outlet and use the remaining connections on the outlets
for the effective connections. Is this a bad idea for some reason.

You could simply use a split nut for solid connections or put a terminal
strip in an existing box or a deeper box to make it less crowded. There
are a myriad of terminal choices--check at your local electrical
distributor or look at Grainger or Square D or other online electrical
distributors to see catalogs.

Three outlets in one location simply for the terminals seems excessive
imo, but there's nothing specifically wrong about it. Don't know what
one would use all of them for, though...