Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling Fan -fan switch troubles

On Tue 22 Apr 2008 04:03:26p, Ron P told us...

Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have a hunter
ceiling fan with a seperate fan and light pull chain. My better half
pulled the chain out of the fan switch, it was a 3 speed switch high,
medium, low & off. I went to the depot and bought a new switch, it was
a four wire switch so I bought the same thing. On the old switch, the
wires were in the following slots: L = black, 1 = grey, 2 = brown, 3 =
green. So, I wired the new switch with the colors into the same
numbers. (However, the numbers were in different locations on the
switch.) I started the fan and the switch now switches with each pull
as high, high, high, low then it repeats. No off or medium. I pulled
the switch out and I matched the colors this time to the same location
from the old switch, L stayed in the same spot. Reinstalled and it still
goes high, high, high, low. Depot doesn't have any other 4 wire
switches, so how do I get this thing to work right? Thanks!

Order a replacement from Hunter for the model you have.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 04(IV)/23(XXIII)/08(MMVIII)