Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Neutralize Muriatic acid

On Apr 23, 12:27*am, wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:20:40 -0700, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:35:50 -0400, Jennifer
wrote:

"David B." wrote:

Don't think you have to be concerned . Some pool owners use muriatic aid to
lower ph.

Right, but that's added to an entire full pool of water! *Different story when
concentrated acid is touching something directly.

Goes back my question originally (OP); neutralize the acid in a pool
of water. *While I work I don't want etching acid sitting there, at
the pool bottom.

I'm buying 5 lbs of soda ash, just *for this puddle of water.

If this acid has been in the bottom of your pool all week I doubt
there is really much acidity left anyway and you probably do have a
"ring" in the pool.- Hide quoted text -

Acid reacts with lime, Lime is in concrete-mortar, acid eats metal
drains, maybe most pumps, definatly boiler linings and valves. Acid
can destroy anything metal. So go Clean it with acid tomorrow, and
reduce plumbings mechanical life by 90% I hope the main drain isnt
galvanised, thats hard to replace, often meaning a new pool, or
filling the old one with dirt as my neighbor did.