Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Going back to candlelight

Paul M. Eldridge wrote:
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:06:01 -0500, dpb wrote:

... the management of W drove the bus into an
underpass abutment a la Diana.

There's no way to tell, of course, but it's quite possible if management
hadn't been diverted by their wandering pursuit of quick returns in the
financial and other unrelated business areas the core businesses would
have done as well or even better.

Thank you. I fully agree with your assessment. Westinghouse was
slowly bled to death by senior management in an effort to maximize
shareholder return, whatever the long-term cost. Their management
suite was the original "Dilbert Zone".

The Tesla quote you provided speaks to the personal character and true
genius of this man. I believe I'm correct I'm saying that George held
more patents than even Thomas Edison and Edison was known to patent
anything that came within ten feet of his person, including his
shadow.

You're welcome...little did I think _I_ would ever be defending W!

On the bleeding, I don't think it qualifies as particularly slow at all;
it actually was pretty quick after the financial business stuff starting
going south.

I agree on the assessment of Westinghouse himself wholeheartedly -- he
was a "helluvan engineer"...