Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default POOL QUESTION

"My Name" wrote in message
. 33.102...
Hey Guys -
Long time no post (I mean REAL long time).
Got a pool question - of sorts. Given the high cost of electricity here
in
the northeast, I was thinking or running my pool filter motor at night to
get the off-peak rates. So, my question - Is my family going to swim in
emerald green water all summer as a result? Has anyone thought of doing
this?
Any help/opinions would be appreciated.

One does not get off-peak rates unless the watt-hour meter is set up to do
that and you have that arrangement with your energy supplier.

Given that you do have off-peak rates, I'd say go for it.

I live in SW FL and the number of hours per day seems to be the important
thing (as recommended by Florida Power and Light and by my pool service).

Interesting post and probably will get more so with additional responses.