Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default squirrels in car

"LouB" wrote
trailer wrote:
Last night I found acorn shells in the car, above the glove box. I
opened the hood and found a lot more shells in the engine compartment.

There are lots of squirrels in the neighborhood so I'm pretty sure they
are getting in the car at night-the car is not in the driveway during the
day.

Other than a shotgun, is there a good way to keep the squirrels from
invading the car??

Install a cat under the car?

LOL!

Actually this happens sometimes in my area so I'm curious what folks do. My
neighbor has a trick he says works for the occasional one. He puts a
flashlight (turned on of course) just before the front bumper. Not actually
under the car he said as if the car drips something, it potentially could
cause a problem.

Us, we have a noisy windchime that hooks on in 5 seconds to the front
bumper. As long as there's a little wind, it seems to work.