Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default what's a skilled helper worth?

On Apr 21, 8:17 pm, Elias D wrote:

So, what will a skilled helper cost me? Qualifications I'm interested
in include self-starter, moderate skills to include carpentry,
plumbing, electrical with some roofing thrown in for good measure.

What're you doing?

I pay $100/day for better than that (cash, and minimum) and food and
beer for help with small/ish jobs. My guys are *smart*, and
experienced, but don't have much more than basic tools.

If we were doing a major rehab or new, it would have to be more, maybe
$150.

Roofing? Minor repairs or new, maybe. Guys with more skills don't
have to do real roofing. A tear-off, I'd have to farm that out.

Been there, dood that, not looking for the back azimuth.
-----

- gpsman