Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are the outlets on the same circuit?

On 4/21/2008 5:15 AM HeyBub spake thus:

Aaron Fude wrote:

I have two outlets in the house which are not working. I would like to
find out whether they are on the same circuit. Is it possible to find
out whether these outlets are connected? Please treat this as an
intellectual curiosity question. I know that answering this question
may not solve my problem. But I am curious: what tools does one need
to make this determination and how does one do it?

Once you get them working, you can use a circuit detector such as:

I'm curious about that "circuit breaker detective", which looks like a
right handy tool to have. Have you used this or similar? How well does
it work? Does it always identify the correct breaker?

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill