Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Options for a piloted stove/oven

On Apr 21, 7:13*pm, "nospam" wrote:
A few months ago we moved into a rented house that uses a propane
tank for heat, and the owner isn't willing to replace the piloted stove/
oven combo with one that isn't sucking up propane 24/7 (at $3.50/
gallon). *We've adjusted the pilots best we could, but we can tell by
the amount of heat that a lot of energy (and $) is being wasted. *The
owner won't even allow us to replace the unit at our own expense!

Short of shutting off the valve to it entirely, and losing functionality
(practically speaking) of a stove/oven, do any other options exist?

Buy a $2.00 firelighter and shut the pilots off totally. Get out of
the lease after having the owner committed as new electric ignition
stoves are readily available at reasonable $$, and you offered to buy
it for him.her..