Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default what's a skilled helper worth?

dpb wrote:
Elias D wrote:
I'm in an area where every worker that's ever pounded in a nail with a
hammer thinks he's a "good carpenter". Three quarters of the time
they don't have a clue how to cut a board square.

So, what will a skilled helper cost me? Qualifications I'm interested
in include self-starter, moderate skills to include carpentry,
plumbing, electrical with some roofing thrown in for good measure.
Working environment is a small metro area with extended suburbs with
about 150,000 people.
Thoughts??

Good luck in even finding somebody w/ all those qualifications who's
looking for work--if he's got that, he's already employed.

W/ nothing to go on as for where this small metro area might be, no real
clue on what your local wage scale might look like. Here, a rural, 20k
town, _if_ you could find such a person, it would probably take $15/hr
minimum to have a chance to keep them as unemployment here is 3% (and
that's up from the barely over 2% of a year ago).

--

Go visit local vo-ed center (if your town has one) and/or your local
Habitat for Humanity office. Explain your situation. Both places love to

--
aem sends...