Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Neutralize Muriatic acid

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:35:07 GMT, "dadiOH" wrote:

Oren wrote:
2: Muriatic Acid: same questions, basically:

? ?How much, for how long, etc.

? ?Dangers?

Drained Pool (pending)!

How or what can I use to neutralize Muriatic acid/water pool ?

I plan to acid wash the in ground pool walls. While I'm busy there
(walls) the acid wash will pool at the deep end of the pool.

I would like to toss/pour something into the puddle that would
neutralize acid; until I can pump it out.

Thanks!!

Oren

Any base. Bicarbonate of soda is cheap and easy. If the mix fizzes and
doesn't stop you need more bicarb.

Thanks. I'm reading two pounds of soda ash will neutralize one gallon
of muriatic acid.

My acid wash will already be diluted (1 part acid to 4-6 parts water).