Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Calab Calab is offline

Default Do you like "warm" lights or "cool" new ones?

I have to make some decisions about lighting the lobby of a six-flat
building, stairwell, hallways, back porches, as well as a security
light for the yard.

The basic decision is: do we go with old fashioned warm yellowish
lights, or the new cool "bluish "daylight" types?

I've tried the cheap cool white bulbs, the warm bulbs and the daylight
bulbs.

I find that the daylight bulbs are just way to bright and harsh. The
warm bulbs seem dim and put an orange tinge on everything. The cool
whites look fluorescent, but give the best overall lighting.

This is in my basement.

My suggestion is to simply get one of each and try them out.

--
Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

Want a good newsgroup reader that will filter out GoogleGroups spam?
Try MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/