Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip

So what is the
bottom line about our education system? Overall, it's damn good. It's true
didn't go to any ghetto schools, but I went to schools all over California
and the thing I found in all of them was that it was really up to the
student what you got out of it. If you wanted a good education you were
able
to get one. From personal experience I know it's that way. If you don't
want
to try then they system looks lousy. But if your really want an education
you can get a good one and it's a real bargain. So when I hear people say
the system sucks it just tells me they don't know what they are talking
about. Either that or when they had their chance they were too lazy or too
stupid to benefit from the great deal they had at their fingertips.

Hawke

I generally agree. The opportunities are there. The motivation to take
advantage of it is lacking. And the idea that students are bored because
education somehow doesn't engage them, while tautologically true, only tells
us that those students don't want to be engaged.

--
Ed Huntress