Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Please recommend hand tools brands

varois83 wrote:
Hi

I would like to get myself some tools set at home depot or lowes for
common jobs at home or for the car. What shall I look for as far as
brands and prices?
I don't need the top or bottom, average stuff is good.
I would like to buy complete hand tool sets like they have often,
wrenches, screw drivers and the likes.
Not sure what is a good deal or not either.

Right now my local HD has a set of about 110 screwdrivers for $20.00.

I got a set. Sold the square tipped ones (six) on Ebay for $4 + $4 shipping.
So a usable set of screwdrivers (104) cost me, net, about $13.00.

Perfectly adequate screwdrivers for normal or computer type work. The nice
thing about the set was it didn't have those goddamn "stubby" models.